Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I had a really good day.

I got home after my job interview that went really well, and played music loud. For a while I didn't do anything, I just let The Field fill my house for a while.. I got up and got on the computer.

Then it was eight thirty.

I felt really angry for some reason. The reasons were stupid, and I knew they were. So, I put on a sweater and went for a walk. I haven't been doing it as much since he died, but I've been telling myself I would pick the habit back up.

I walked south of Princeton Street, something I never really do. I knew there was a park in the area, but I wasn't sure. Princeton went on and on, I must've passed a hundred houses. Finally, it was a dead end. I took a left because there was more light in that direction, and that was enough for me. I came to another dead end. A fence, with curled wire at the top. I'm not sure if that's normal, I never really pay attention to fences. Across the fence there was a lot of grass and some really big trees scattered. This sounds boring, but it all just seemed overwhelming.

I walked to the right of the fence, waiting for it to end. I saw a hill go up. It didn't seem like it was going to end. So, I climbed it. I scratched my hand up, it has a long a cut right down the palm. I didn't notice it until I got home.

There was a lot of space. A whole lot of it. The trees didn't look as big. It resembled the image of a golf course I have in my head. I walked forward until I felt like I was in the middle of it all and just tossed myself on the ground. Not at all like sitting down, I just threw myself. I rolled over. I watched airplanes for a while. I texted Sarah. BSS played through and Modest Mouse started. I felt bad. Twenty minutes later I stood up and ran to the fence. I climbed to the top of it. It seemed a lot higher up from this side. My left leg was shaking, rattling the entire fence. I cursed, out loud, at myself. I jumped. I landed on my feet, but I fell over. I got up; my arm was bleeding with two long cuts down it. I didn't care.

I ran the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment